The Best of RI Real Estate:
Rhode Island Business Spotlight
The old saying goes, “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know”. At Nexus Property Management ™ we know that both are extremely important. For that reason, Vice President Greg Rice has been sitting down with the real estate leaders in and around the Ocean State to showcase some of the area’s great talents and resources while providing knowhow for all things real estate, home ownership, and property management in Southern New England.
When it comes to choosing a real estate professional to work with different people have different criteria and strategies. With real estate being so prominent and competitive in the state, a seemingly simple Google search could very likely lead to more questions than answers. As The Property Management Authority®, we wanted to share some of the names and faces that we’ve come to admire and respect over the years. With well over 1000 units under management and over 7 years in the business locally, Nexus has seen it all and has partnered with countless real estate agents, contractors, lawyers, insurers, and financiers. The experts below are individuals and companies we’ve come to trust and we invite you to begin your search with them:
REAL ESTATE AGENTS AND AGENCIES:
When it comes to finding the right agent it is well worth doing your homework. What we see way too often is someone settling for a relative of a friend or some relationship where the buyer didn’t actively seek out and vet the agent who is helping them make one of the biggest decisions in their life. Greg sat down with 9 local agents. What better opportunity to better get to know a real estate agent than having access to an up close and personal interview?
(Interviews linked to Episode numbers)
- Sam Alba: Re/Max Innovations; Broker/Owner; Episode 18
- Meg Mut: Century 21 Northeast; Female Team Leader; Episode 27
- Albert Hajdaraj: HomeSmart Professionals Real Estate; Episode 30
- Dean deTonnancourt: HomeSmart Professional Real Estate; Realtor, Broker/Owner; Episode 13
- Don Martone: Century 21 Northeast; Commercial Real Estate Agent; Episode 12
- Duane Boucher: Re/Max Premier Properties; Broker/Owner; Episode 19
- Sam Albert: Circle 100 Real Estate; Agent and Investor; Episode 15
- Emily Gencarella: Century 21 Northeast; Talent Acquisition/Recruiting; Episode 25
- Kyle Seyboth: Century 21 New England; Broker/Owner; Episode 6
Whether you’re an experienced property owner or just getting into real estate, having a lawyer, or lawyers, you can trust is essential. From liability, to evictions, to contracts and leases, and even the removal of tenants from property, there are several people in the state that simply do it better than others. Again, it cannot be overstated how important it is to form relationships with legal professionals who have experience with real estate. Here are our favorites:
- Steve Conti: Rhode Island Eviction Attorney; Episode 2
- Mike Clemente: Rhode Island State Constable/Private Investigator; Episode 3
- John Larochelle: Larochelle Law; Episode 26
- Michael Crane: Law Offices of Michael D. Crane (Specializing in Landlord Rights and Property Ownership); Episode 8
- Zach Darrow: Darrow Everett LLP (Full Service Business Law); Episode 21
CLOSING, FINANCING, AND INSURANCE:
There is certainly some overlap here with the legal experts section. More specifically, the attorneys listed here specialize in closing sales. We’ve also included financiers that we’ve found to be reliable. And finally, all the time and effort you put into your real estate is at significant risk if you don’t find yourself a reliable insurer.
- Melisssa D’Ellena: D’Ellena Law (Real Estate Attorney); Episode 16
- Dan Balkun: Balkun Title & Closing; Episode 5
- Ted Topouzis: Topouzis & Associates (Managing Attorney for Closings); Episode 23
- Mike Leshinsky: Leshinsky Finance; Episode 1
- Matt Bates: Movement Mortgage; Episode 14
- Bintou Chatterton: Chatterton Insurance; Vice President; Episode 28
At Nexus, we take great pride in having our own in-house 24/7 maintenance teams. This allows us to come in much lower than industry averages each and every time. But to maintain the efficiency that has helped us become the top rated property manager in Southern New England, we do not do large, time-consuming projects. Over the years, we have worked with and come to count on several local companies:
- Sebastian Nadales: Nadales Roofing; Episode 4
- Joe Mobilio: Mobilio & Son HVAC; Episode 17
- Peter Lynch: Texture in 3D (Abrasive Blasting and Surface Modification); Episode 20
- Rob Chofay: Chofay’s Home Services (Residential and Commercial Contractor): Episode 10
A WORD ON RECOMMENDATIONS:
From day one, Nexus has maintained a focus on long term results for ourselves and our clients alike. We work tirelessly to perfect our brand and for that reason we’ve been hesitant (over the years) to endorse third parties. We took the view that we couldn’t guarantee the work of someone who was not us and so we preferred to keep our name off of and away from those that were not part of the Nexus family. But as we grew, we came to realize that as the top-rated property manager in the area, we had the opportunity and experience to help build up those who are doing it the right way. Ultimately, our goal is to improve the quality of living for all, and by identifying those who share the principles we think are essential to success so others can benefit from their efforts and expertise, we are happy to return to a mantra we were built upon: Connecting You To Better Living ®.
Mick Lefort is the Vice President of Operations for Nexus Property Management™. A National Property Management Franchise that manages all types of rental property from single family homes or condos to large apartment buildings and complexes.
Your Property, MANAGED®
The Real Estate Investing Authority®
Connecting You To Better Living®
You Could Own A Nexus Property Management™ Office For Less Than You Think!